THE ENHANCED PERMIT is the new name for the existing TN Carry Permit. This permit includes RECIPROCITY* with many states and the ability to both conceal and OPEN carry. More classroom time (8 hours) is mandatory for the enhanced option of RECIPROCITY* and the ability to OPEN carry. The first 5 hours of the TN carry permit class takes place at our location in Wears Valley, Sevier County where we also offer the unique opportunity for you to pre-qualify on our firearms simulator to work out any issue before we head out to the live-fire qualification in Kodak, also Sevier County. $75 for the mandatory class, and $100-200+ for the permit.
TO GET YOUR ENHANCED STATE OF TN CARRY PERMIT, please follow the instructions below and let us know if you have any questions.
1) Review the information on the State of TN website regarding eligibility and and make sure you qualify for a State of TN carry permit.: https://www.tn.gov/safety/tnhp/handgun/eligibilityrequirements.html
2) If you are military, you can check your eligibility to see if you even need to take the class at all. Some military do elect to take this class anyway, so that they are specifically informed about TN law. About half the class is TN law. Here is the military link: https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/safety/documents/handgun/EHCPTrainingRequirements.pdf
3) Fill out the State of TN application using this link and the "Handgun Permit" tab on the State page https://dl.safety.tn.gov/_/#9
4) Look for confirmation from the State of TN website that includes your application number.
5) Send us (text preferred) your application number from the State of TN site. You can text it to us.
FEBRUARY CLASSES ARE BOOKED FULL - CALL US IF YOU WOULD LIKE A CUSTOM DATE.
6) The total cost of the class is $75 per person. Be sure you have reserve a seat with a $25 deposit for the appropriate TN Carry Permit CCW classes date, click the appropriate link below to do this.
ATTENTION FIREFOX BROWSER USERS: Some Firefox settings will interfere with our appointment calendar links below. If these links do not bring you to the class and PayPal payment option, try opening this website and links in a different browser or just give us a call.
CONTACT US IF YOU WOULD LIKE A CUSTOM DATE. WE ARE ALSO ADDING NEW DATES EVERY COUPLE OF WEEKS.
6) Once you register, we will send you detailed instructions on what you will need for the day of the class and what you need to do after the class.
TN Enhanced Carry Permit, CCW Classes, Basic Concealed Carry, Sevier County, Wears Valley, Kodak.
FEES: There is a $25 non-refundable booking fee to reserve a seat for this class that will be applied to your class fee when you show up. The remainder is due the date of the class cash or credit. Our site uses PayPal payments, but you do not need a PayPal, just scroll down and will see "Credit Card" option. If you do not receive a detailed confirmation email from us within 24 hours of making payment, please CALL US on the phone. The remainder of payment due is cash or credit only. No checks please.
The new, effective 1/1/2020, TN Concealed Carry Permit is not recommended at this time. It is too new, and the finer details of law have not been ironed out. You could run into unanticipated legal issues. At this time, it is not worth the $35 savings over the better, TN Enhanced Carry Permit.
*RECIPROCITY - this is where States other than TN recognize your carry permit and allow you to carry in their State.